Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This weekend there was a program at the park called "Women of Leesylvania". Two re-enactors came and showed what it was like to be around in the 1830s at the park. There were games, paper dolls, basket weaving, and, rather unfortunately for me, an additional dress to model.

The girls were speaking with one of the re-enactors when I hear the words, "Would you girls like it if we dressed your mother up?" :EEK:

I responded that she was welcome to dress up their mother, but she wasn't in attendance and that I was their aunt. ;-) But the damage was done. Half an hour and one hilarious video later, here I was in all my layers of glory.

Admittedly, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and the kids thought it was great, so I can't really complain that much. That being said, I only had it on for 15 minutes or so and the corset didn't have any bones in it.

After my public humiliation, we decided to go for a walk on the beach and go to the playground. The girls had fun looking for shells and we got some good pictures together.



After the playground, we were off to Wegmans for some cookies. These girls keep a busy schedule and had to be home in time for cosmic bowling that evening. A good time was had by all.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK now. That pic should be in the Lownje! Awsomeness.

Really great pics Hokie. Bet the girls had fun seeing auntie all dressed up. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home