Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have a new favorite blog to read. I've been much more interested in cooking in the last few years, as Ejdo and I both really, really enjoy eating. And becoming a member in the CSA has expanded this even more, since now there is a wide variety of food coming in my door, whether I know what to do with it or not.

So I've been reading a lot about cooking and flavors and what makes things taste good. I was recently turned onto this blog by another blogger.

Hunter Angler Gardener Cook Doesn't that sound like something I should like? We hunt. We fish. We would love to garden, but the solid clay backyard and lack of sunlight have pretty much nixed that idea. And boy do I like to cook. And eat.

So now I have a new blog to pore over when I'm looking for ideas on what to do with the food from the CSA. Right now I've got 3 eggplant that should probably be used this week. We'll do grilled eggplant sandwiches one night, but I might take a page from PlateSpinner's book and do a ratatouille one night. Its always an adventure. And soon we'll be inundated with squash that will need eating. I'll fall on that grenade.



//// I'm also going to be purchsing a new book. "The Flavor Bible". Not a cookbook, just a grouping of what flavors work well together. If I've got X, what flavors will match well? Sounds perfect for inventing your own recipe. Sign me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home