Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Things are chugging right along here lately. Training for the tri is going quite well. I've noticed a real difference in my swimming already, just from doing it twice a week. Some of the old (and I really mean old) form is returning. I think I'd like to get a kickboard or kidney float to do some drills and really start torturing myself.

Its been nice to get back on the bike more too. Its amazing how much fun you can have screaming downhill while the cars rush by. And since they're repaving Huntsman Blvd, I've gotten to ride on brand spanking new asphalt for the last week or so. They're even (finally) putting in a designated bike lane! I'm super excited about that.

Got some new running shoes from Metro Run & Walk. They are under new management and I think I like the change. Store still looks the same but there is a different mindset now. They instituted a frequent buyer program, have come out with a newsletter, and have organized demonstrations/seminars at the store. Much more put together. Kudos to them.

Gee, other stuff. Bought a new smoker, had some friends over and smoked some ribs. They were phenominal. Taking the smoker down to the lake with us this weekend to do some more.

The truck broke, Ejdo fixed it, but that didn't do the trick, so he's got to work on it again. Oh well.

Watched El Bandito this weekend. He and Sawyer still aren't really sure what to make of each other. They play fight a lot, but its rougher than Sawyer likes. I wish my dog wasn't such a wuss.

Only 8 more days till we go to Maine!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home