Thursday, April 16, 2009

4-16-07

There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said a hundred times over. I wasn't there. I didn't hear the shots or feel the panic in the air. All I did was watch on tv. But I wept.

This was my home. These people were my family, like distant cousins you only see at family reunions or football games. Their pain was my pain, but there was nothing I could do.

This link takes you to a great article in the CT about Matt LaPorte. He was the only cadet killed that day and he went out as a warrior. Remember him.

Watch Nikki Giovanni again. Really listen to her words.



The only way we can honor their lives is to remember them. Remember the 32.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Hokie.

Things like this should never be forgotten, nor should the people...sons and daughters, brothers and sisters...who have been taken from the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home