Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I have some food to discuss, but first I wanted to talk about how awesome my dog is.

Today is Veterans Day, so we're all at home. Ejdo and I sat around and were lazy all morning. The only thing we really accomplished was eating, doing dishes, and looking at new fishing rods/reels online. Very productive.

He left around 2 to go hunting with his dad, even though its been pouring rain all day. I was kind of wanting to run, but feeling a little unsure, since again, its been pouring all day. I looked at Sawyer and said "Do you want to run in the rain?" and he jumped right up and ran to the door. So off we went.

Now we're back after a few miles through the woods. Its amazing how enjoyable it actually is to run in the rain. Very peaceful, only you and the path to think about. We saw one other runner and she looked to be enjoying herself as well.

My dog is awesome because he is the best running partner ever. He has helped me train for 5 mile trail runs, triathlons, and a number of road races. He always wants to go run, always has a "smile" on his face, and never has an excuse. If I'm not sure how much I want to run on a particular day, he always reminds me that running is fun and we should go, like right NOW!

Anyway, he's all curled up in a ball sleeping on his bed now, all tuckered out from our jaunt in the woods. This pic was taken right after we walked in the door this afternoon. What an awesome dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home