Monday, January 23, 2006

So everyone is very impressed by Kobe scoring 81, but here's my question...isn't basketball a team sport? What are the rest of the guys doing while Kobe is running all over the court? These aren't the school yard boys from 5th grade, these are NBA players who have proven themselves worthy of that at some point in time. So why does Kobe get to run all over the court and showboat? Seems a little anti-team pro-Kobe to me.

I think that is one of the reasons I just can't get into basketball. Its too easy to leave the team behind and play just for yourself. That doesn't really work in football. Look at Mike Vick. He tries to do it all himself, and thats why the Falcons haven't been in the playoffs since he's been QB and won't be as long as he is. They are team sports for a reason, you need a whole team to play properly. More coaches need to remind their players of that.

I think the guy I respect most in the NBA right now might be Antonio Davis. Davis saw his wife being involved in a verbal altercation with another man in the stands and rushed into the stands to see what was going on. He was trying to protect his family and instead got booted from the game and suspended for 5 games. Now I'm sure he knew that would happen, but is that really the same as the Brawl last November? I don't think so. This was a guy being a man when it comes to his family. Great article here.

Enough sports. The weather today sucks, I feel like crap, and I'm bored at work...pretty typical of VA in January. Oh well. No wonder I talk about sports so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home